Monday, January 03, 2005

Post-Eve Exhaustion

In my psychotic state of Christmas joy I thought it would be a fantastic idea to have a little New Year's shindig at my dad's house. I invited the people. I bought food. I observed the state of my father's home: a complete disaster.

My body has not stopped aching. On Friday, I literally could not walk because my back and legs were sore from bending over, moving furniture, and throwing things away. (YEA!!)

When everyone began arriving, I became lost in the memories; every pain worth it. The Wakefords, Dowers, Nardonis - old friends and family laughing together like time was standing still. The following day spent with my mom's huge family and wondering when I will be with them again - these cousins, aunts, and uncles that are as close to me as my siblings. I can't help but wonder what heaven will be like.

These next few days I will be packing up my life in Illinois. I will try to write, but I would rather be spending these last moments with my family. I would appreciate prayer for the following:
1. The Jimmy - getting repairs, if it cannot make the trip I will have to buy a new vehicle.
2. The drive - Michele Downen is riding with me. We'll be leaving Saturday night and driving straight through.
3. The goodbyes - not a single one is forever.

Oh yeah, Happy Anniversary Jeff and Tiffany!

No comments: