Thursday, January 06, 2005

Out with the old, in with the older

That's right. I am a bit sad to renig my Ode to the Bullet and reinterate an Ode to the Jimmy. The long life of the Jimmy has officially run its course and I will not be taking it nor a new car out to NH. Last night I decided that it was too much to decide right now. I really want a Jeep Cherokee (NOT a Grand C.) but I am not willing to throw myself into further debt as I have plenty of student loans to pay off. So, the plan is to drive the Silver Bullet back to NH and use it as long as I can...or until I have enough $ saved up for a good downpayment on my Jeep.

Packing -- last night I counted up my moves since my freshman year. Drumroll please...I have moved seventeen times in five and a half years! No wonder I hate packing. I am grateful that through this way of life instead of accumulating more things I am comfortable living without them. "Life as a minimalist." For instance, this last month I have come to terms with letting go of furniture, etc. that my whole life I have anticipated taking with me. This is a big deal considering I attatch memories of my family long ago with those belongings. As willing as I am to let go, however, someone will have to shoot me in order to stop me from taking the piano someday.

Alright, now really on to packing. AH!

No comments: