Friday, November 05, 2004

"Just passing through."

Seems to be the best way to explain my sudden appearance in Lincoln. Short, sweet, and to the point - like me.

A lot has happened in the last few days. I haven't been nervous or scared, just sad. It was hard to leave Hannibal and even harder to say my goodbyes. For those of you in St. Louis, I had a great time seeing you the last month or so. It stinks that it happened so late.

As for Lincoln, it's the same. You aren't missing out on much, that's for sure. Ms. Pearl was speaking at Focus when I got here on Wednesday night! I was rather excited about that, so we connected and made plans for me to visit her in the ghetto later this month. I also saw an old friend who sort of fell off the face of the earth about a year ago. We talked for quite some time and may have mended some past hurts. Anyway, as difficult as my Wednesday truly was, there was lots of healing taking place.

My dad just called to announce that my grandmother (who lives in Arkansas) just had another stroke. She's had several through the years and can't walk and has difficulty speaking. Seems that this stroke has impared her speech altogether, but with rest they are hoping that she'll build strength and it will come back. Evidently, this one hasn't affected her limbs at all, which is good. I know this is really difficult for my dad, especially with the distance factor. So, prayers would be welcomed.

Tomorrow I go home. I will be back for a more adventurous post later.

No comments: