Saturday, October 16, 2004

Another Day

I have safely returned from my travels East. What a wonderful time I had. There is such a strong sensation that motivates me when I travel. The feeling that I can go and do absolutely anything and completely love it! This was my first flight experience solo and oddly enough, I thought it was incredible. I was comfortable, certain, independent, and could do all the people watching that I so desired. Although, I wonder if there is a target on my chest because I was again seated with a five year old. Andrew was not nearly as wild as Anna. Actually we got along quite well; colored, listened to my new Tomlin cd, ate pretzels, and talked about our families.

For one reason or another, it was harder to leave Manch-Vegas this time. Friends there are no longer just friends, but family. It was difficult to leave them, but I was strangely energized by the mirky weather awaiting me in St. Louis and was soon anticipating my girl's night spent with Amanda.

On the flip side, I am heading to Lincoln tonight for a funeral for Steve Barmes. I was able to visit with him three weeks ago. I was fine when I was at his house and it wasn't until the drive home that I was crushed with the inevitable...just remembering what it was like. Nothing can prepare you for the agony of death...not wanting to say goodbye, but devestated to see someone you love in so much pain. He is in a much better place than we could ever imagine. However, very strong emotions are cluttering my heart because of my own capability of knowing exactly what it is to experience such loss. I don't know what to say.

So until next time, I hope that you are doing well. May God will bless you in incomprehendable ways. I love you all.

No comments: