Tuesday, March 30, 2004

Tim and the Extent of Time

Yesterday was my birthday. I am officially young at 23 and ready to conquer the world!!! Or maybe I should start with my bedroom. As a result of my birthday, I received all sorts of interesting phone calls, fantastic gifts and art supplies, applesauce cake, ice cream sundaes, and a cool dvd from my lil bro.

On top of it all, I discovered what I am NOT gifted to do...working with wild children in large groups. Our food pantry team volunteered for a program at the Salvation Army called Kids' Cafe. We served family-style meals to 96 children between the ages of 5 and 16 and then spent time with them in different game rooms. Granted, the few boys sitting to my left were precious...but it was our number one duty to keep them from throwing punches, food, or foul language.

I was visibly shaking when I left the building.

No comments: