Monday, April 14, 2008

Falange Fright

I have joined the ranks of injured Belleys today.

This morning, I was quietly getting ready for my day, as to not awaken the sleeping Canadians in the next room. With my eye on the weather forecast, I performed a common task of many years - folding up the ironing board. With a squeeze of the lever, the legs slid upward, and then sheer pain coursed through me from fingertip to toe. I frantically searched for the release lever, but it was too late. My right ring finger was wedged and crushed into the board's lock position. Against all that is natural, I kept my mouth completely silent as the tears flowed and I freed my finger from its death grip. Blood poured from a crack in the center of my nail bed. The throbbing continues to this very moment.

I use this stupid finger more than I realized.

3 comments:

Tyler said...

owwwwwwch

Anonymous said...

Good think it wasn't the one to the left... :o) It's hard to drive in New England without the use of that one...

Anonymous said...

Oh no! Sorry about your finger. How is it now?