Monday, September 12, 2005

Features in Lindy's world.

A Rather Unexciting Rendition. Read Anyway.

Miss-iss-ippi

Friday I take off, with 11 others, on US Airways. A flight that will lead us into Mobile, AL. A drive that will shuttle us to Gulfport, MS. Serving alongside Mercy Ships. Housing unknown. Ten days possibly sheltered by only a military tent. Duties to be discovered. Debris 20 feet deep. Humidity and sweat. Supposedly we get to handle chainsaws. Kelly said I will be the photographer. For everyone else's sake, I think this the better option. I'll be back on the 25th.

With this ring
Upon my return to NH, I get to turn around on Thursday night, fly out to KY, to stand up in another wedding. This is a trip I am definitely looking forward to. Beth, is having her three best friends stand beside her. Only the immediate family will be attending. There isn't even a decided wedding time because we are going to wed the couple when they feel like it...sometime on Oct. 1. All I know is that we have to marry them off before our dinner reservations in Cincinnati that night. Hopefully, I will get to see Tim, Sandra, Ezra, and Brian that weekend. (hint...cough...hint)

Fusion
The day has finally arrived. MCC is beginning a program for the youth of the church and community. I am so pumped and will be leading my own small group of jr/sr high schoolers as well as playing the piano (boop boop boop boop) for the little people's worship time.

Technically Directing
Over the next month I will be shadowing our Technical Director at church and then join the team. I get to wear a headset, hold a stop watch, and give cues. This one is going on my resume. Inevitably, I have earned myself a position on Christmas Sunday.

Setup and Design
Most of my spare time is spent designing and resetting the stage for each sermon series. With more experience my ideas are getting bigger, the process is more organized, and the stress a bit greater - but in a good way. The process must take place within an intensive week following Sunday services one day and ready for Sunday services the following week. This set is by far one of my favorites, right up there with my Mother's Day paintings. I'll post a picture soon.

Ciao!
It is time Americans realize that ciao is actually "hello" not "goodbye." It makes me crazy. This Wednesday I begin my Italian class at New Hampshire Community Technical College. Great name, huh?

Happy Halloween
People will pay anything for a souvenier. And thus, the joys of living in a touristy portion of America. This Fall I shall be painting pumpkins for some extra cash. Depending on how much time I put into the efforts, in one month I could make thousands. Knocking away those student loans bit by bit. I will also be painting a couple of murals that were auctioned off this last Spring.

Arrivederci!
And I end with this...in a month if it seems as though I have fallen off the face of the planet, it may be because I have. This hectic semester will either provide ample blogging opportunities or squelch my creativity.

No comments: