Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Simple Pleasures


It was a balmy, yet comfortable evening. Around eight o'clock my heart fluttered with anticipation as I made my way to the edge of the lake waters. On the brink of the horizon was a golden sunset that was brilliant enough to take my breath away. Off to my left were two more of my loves, a professional photographer eager to capture the hour before us and behind him a young woman with a silver telescope pointing towards the North Star, enjoying the setting sun yet anticipating the disappearance of the whisking light so her hobby could unfold. Lost in the elements around me I quickly snapped back to the moment I was in and wondered how anyone could not believe that a divine being created all of this. Perhaps I should have spent more time thinking on this, but I was gathered back into the beauty around me and I just sat in the sand with a stupid grin on my face. I'm glad I get it.

No comments: