Wednesday, August 10, 2005

How may I serve you?

The key in advertising - hooking your customer within the first three seconds. Senseo, the European coffeemaker, successfully latched me the moment I laid eyes on its clever beauty. You may not be a coffee drinker and still find delight in this product. I mean really...just take look at it... The machine is so gentlemanly. It looks as though it bends over just to pour your coffee as if saying, "Here, ma'dam. I hope you enjoy your hot beverage." I'm sorry, but it just doesn't get any better than that.

Since that moment so many months ago, I have thought back on this clever mechanical device pondering its mission and the brilliant minds behind its design. Never in my wildest dreams did I think the black beauty would personally serve me. Until Monday when Stephanie made such dreams come true by presenting me with the gift. Thank you, Stephanie! You saw me curtsy like the coffeemaker. You heard me giggle with glee. And here it is, two days later and the joy still abounds.

I tip my hat to the Senseo as he tips his hat to me.

No comments: