Friday, March 25, 2005

Unsettling Coincidence

They are everywhere. They have infiltrated our schools, stores, restaurants, gas stations, streets, workplaces, churches, and now our blogs.

Suddenly, something that was meant to be fun and relieving has become political and fanatical.

I do not find it mere coincidence that three of my favorite blogs have retired all within two weeks of each other. It is no fluke that all three were affiliated with the same town. It is no mystery to me that the same people who killed it for them are more than likely visiting mine as well.

You won’t take me down with the rest of them. And my hope is that one day, these young, creative writers will be resurrected and flourish apart from the confines of controlling, intolerant, not-fun people.

So, to you my friends, I lift my goblet of blog. Live long and freely!

No comments: