Monday, March 07, 2005

If I Were A Painter

I can't officially move in until my walls are painted.

I shall inform you of my intentions for this room. I want it to be a sanctuary, seeing as it is the only room to call my own, so a relaxing motif appeals to me (blues). I have a lot of photography I would like to hang. Most of it is "artsy" and I would like a wall color that punches out the pictures (reds). I really enjoy airy rooms (yellows), but feel cozy in warm tones (chocolates). I can take a variation on all of them, but what then would be my key color?

Here is actually something I chose about a month ago, but can't quite settle on...really light blue on the ceiling (almost white). Twelve inch strip of chocolate brown around the top of the wall. A two inch stripe of the light blue. And the rest of the wall in a red.

Or I could paint a mural.

You all know me pretty well. What would you suggest?

No comments: