Thursday, January 13, 2005

Databases and Egg Rolls

A gloomy day of fog and chilled air surrounds "my" office. Two computer wizards, a copy machine, light brown paneling, and - thanks to my Korean boss' broken English - a hand-written poster that possesses the phrase "assing audit" surrounds my desk. Slightly tilted on the surface of my computer desk is my favorite black and white photograph I shot of Abby after the first snowfall this former Thanksgiving. If I I had a scanner, I would share it with you.

Today things are a bit smoother than yesterday. Much of the process is yet foreign to me, but within a week or two I should be brought into full light. Well, at least a brighter light.

There is a ping-pong table located a few rooms away and it will be the source of many mental vacations. Already my skills are quite fantastic. And within a week or two I shall whoop up on all three of the guys.

Another exciting discovery - my coworker Mike also plays euchre! Hark! The first New Englander who knows of the game.

Now it is lunchtime. I know how to do that.

No comments: