Tuesday, December 07, 2004

O Christmas Tree

I can't remember the last time we owned a living Christmas tree. It may have been when Jeff was three. Any of you who know our dear Jeffrey would understand that he wasn't always the sharpest knife in the drawer. The tree stood at least fifteen feet, or at least that is what I have pictured in my five year old memory; it was fully adorned with colorful lights, cheesy paper ornaments, and a cat clawing his way up the trunk. Jeff decided to grap a branch and give it a tug.

Then he was gone.

Neatly smashed beneath the large green growth.

At that moment Mom decided that an artificial tree would be less mess in the event that Jeff had such a novel idea again.

So last night, in a bizzare Christmas flare, Todd and I went out to buy a tree for our house. Keep in mind, we have not decorated for Christmas in three years. I remember the last time we put them out, I had to decorate the day before Christmas (because we had family coming in) and the guys didn't take them down until the week I came home from school... in MAY!

I couldn't wait to put the lights on - always my job - but I think I'll have Ben and Eli come over and help me put on the ornaments tonight. Kids add spice.

No comments: