Tuesday, April 13, 2004

Dad, Snoopy, and Special Bread

For Manchester Christian Church, Easter is seen as the biggest outreach opportunity of the year. This year we had a service at Southern New Hampshire University and estimated 2022 people, doubling regular Sunday attendence. Naturally, preparation for such an event is worth hours and hours of planning, practicing, and potential stress. Not for me, though. This past week was by far the most uneventful week of my time out here. Seeing as I am an empathetic individual at heart, I felt for my roommates as they each attended their meetings and practices. All the while, I was fortunate enough to have an extra day off of work!

All of the time paid off. The service went beautifully. I was commissioned "floater" for the morning because Kelly has wisely identified my spiritual gift of A.D.D. People were everywhere. I was in my element. I was loving it.

My dad flew into town on Saturday night with Jeanne's dad, Tom. Ray and Tom got along very well. They are like two peas in a pod and even exchanged email addresses before Tom left to visit his parents in Vermont. It is great having my dad in town again. He left me a Snoopy on my bed from the Easter Bunny. Now he is seeing firsthand how I have easily fallen in love with the church, my roommates, and my job.

Since X-Ray Ray is here, Kelly invited us over for Easter dinner. It is custom for me to commune at the Belley's home since they became my pseudo-family the day I arrived. Mark hid candy all over the yard and we actually went on a hunt. As if that wasn't enough, Kelly made me special bread! Oh it was utter bliss.

I can't remember the last time I had so much joy and fun on Easter. Sure miss my crazy family, though...

No comments: