Saturday, April 17, 2004

About a Day

It was a balmy 70 degrees in Boston today, the Red Sox whomped the Yankees, I ate the best beef tip samich ever in my life, we had the best seats while viewing Damien Rice and band in concert at the Avalon, and topped it all off with Krispy Kreme. This has been, by far, the best day of my New England experience.

Props to the following:

Carson: amidst interpersonal discomfort, you found a ticket to a sold out show and magically caused the street lights go out in your presence.

Emily: you had willing faith in your friends, for techincally mading it into a show without paying, and for meticulously pointing out Asians while strategically sitting among a sea of them.

Yankee/Red Sox fans: you entertained the crowds for several minutes with your moonings, banters, and drunkeness.

Dumb people beside us: you managed to escape certain, painful death despite your horrendous stupidity.

Damien and friends: you played Radiohead and were all-around amazing; thus, making it perhaps the best live performance I have ever witnessed.

Now that I have praised the day, I will share an experience from the Avalon.

Why the heck would anyone want to spend $25 on a ticket, more money on alcohol, and then talk very loudly through an entire concert? If you have any brain in that skull of yours, you would share pointless information about 401Ks at work, not beside avid fans at their valued and desired show. The drunken couple in front of me was more than unbearable; thus, enhancing my evil factor by 97%. Bottle caps flew through the air in anticipation of striking my victims in the forehead. Flimsy plastic cups were gently nudged from their ledge only to strike the feet of the psychotic animals before me. You should have seen this guy dance. 45 years old and still trying to pull moves from 1963. Newsflash: It wasn't cool then and it is definitely not cool now.

Despite the commotion, we had a terrific time and I am actually in a funk of sadness now because it is over.

Name this tune: da - da da da daa daaaa daaaaaaa

No comments: