Wednesday, October 04, 2006

How 'bout that Change

I'm signing a lease agreement tonight. Although, I should be quite excited about the step, I'm a little nervous about it.

Also, on the 16th, I will be through with my programmer job and working as a full time home care giver for Brad's grandmother. It is official. I am a "granny nanny."

October regrettably reminds me that everything cools, shortens, changes, and dies. Part of me is quite excited about my new upcoming adventures, but rather than wonderous quest, I simply want warm familiarity; instead of colorful turning leaves, I want laughter and hugs; instead of new friends, the old; instead of surrogate family, the real deal.

It will pass
Fall into Winter
Winter into Spring.

And again I will wonder what I'm doing.
And I'll breathe.
And everything will be alright.

No comments: