Thursday, June 29, 2006

Jamie Cullum: Revisited


I wish I could afford to send all of my friends to see one of the most entertaining and gifted musicians yet.

People of all ages gathered together in the Concord, NH Center for the Arts Wednesday night to witness a chilling two hour performance by the one and only jazz pianist, Jamie Cullum (and band). His unrivaled charm, wit, and English accent bounced off the theater walls and soaked into the ears of baffled, amused, and pleased fans.

My eyes could easily absorb what took place before me. It is certainly not unusual to see a young 26 year old jump from a piano and land oh-so perfectly in his Chucks. Nor is it odd to watch as the said twenty something bounced from instrument to instrument. Literally...bouncing. My ears beheld something quite unordinary. Pure. Someone so young, so full of life, loving every moment before him. He could not even recall how long he had been playing.

As I sat with chills riding up and down my spine, I thought deeply about Jamie's presence, his passion. It was quite obvious to me that we all deserve to live in such a manner. Find our love and go for it! (Do you sense a Dead Poet's Society moment approaching?)

But really. Why not seize the day?

No comments: