Thursday, February 10, 2005

Josh Recap

Unbelievably captivating - Hands down, the best live performance I have ever been to in my life. Of course, I say that after most shows, but this time I really mean it. I sat, alone, in the midst of musical utopia. Josh was backed with a live orchestra, full band, and a fantastic percussion (including turn tables). I was amazed with the intricate and delightful conglomeration of the instruments.

Not only can this kid sing and look good, he plays the drums and piano rather well. I think I have feelings for him like most of you boys do for Lisa (Damien Rice's girl). I mean really, when he went to town on those drums we (here I am referring to my neighbors as well...not "me" "myself" and "I") all looked on and wondered if there was anything he can't do. He tied up the evening with a solo encore of Paul Simon's "America" at the piano. Hmm...

I recommend that you all check out Chris Botti, trumpet player w/ jazz band, who opened up the show. And the phenomenal Asian violinist (the really good ones are always Asian) who played with Josh. I don't know what her name is, but if I find it I will share.

And as always, stupid people should not be allowed into concerts. Especially if they are female high schoolers. I don't know how it could be done. Maybe the people who take tickets could just ask each person if they are stupid. If they are in fact stupid, then chances are they'll admit it. Then the arena can turn them away and thus save those of us who appreciate the art from their lack of common sense and courtesy.

Yes, I am a girl, Kirk.

No comments: