Thursday, January 27, 2005

In a Perpetual State of Vlah

I can't remember the last time I had the flu. I don't mean a 24 hour bug that gives you cold sweats and puking all at once. I mean, knock you to your knees, miss four days of work, all the while running a high grade fever, contstant hacking of the lungs, occasional and unpredictable pukage, desperately wanting to eat anyway, your skin aches so much you can't touch it kind of flu. It sucks.

Today is day three for me. I still have a fever. I can't be around the family I live with. I just finally had enough energy to take a shower. But I'm exhausted again.

The advantages: Kelly has the same thing, only she's two days in advance. Today she felt good enough to hit work for a few hours. I have an XM Satellite Stereo in my room. At night I have listened to Acoustic Rock and talk radio during the day. And Christine has been a fantastic nurse.

Well, it's back to cat napping I go. Hope the rest of the world avoids this treacherous bug.

No comments: