Wednesday, March 03, 2004

YDC

It's getting late, but I have been made aware that the blogging is a tad behind. Some things take certain precedence over sleep. Pleasing my fans would be one of them.

I have a few praises to share. This week has been extremely busy and except for the two hour nap I enjoyed at Kelly's house today, I have had little down time. Friday 8 people helped us move a woman struggling with cancer into a new apartment and Saturday 13 of us enjoyed yet another amazing workday in Portland. It is always so cool to see people of all ages and backgrounds coming together to serve for Christ. Sunday was a wonderful morning at church and it was topped off with my "Sunday" whipped cream (okay, that was corny), our weekly trip to the Youth Developmental Center. Kelly, Judy, and I were able to pray with two girls who accepted Christ! They were filled with so many questions and their eyes spoke of the hope they were experiencing. We are taking steps to help them get in touch with the campus pastor, buy them study bibles, and send them notes of encouragement. These girls just never cease to amaze me. God never ceases to amaze me.

Tonight I also had the opportunity to creatively brainstorm of a potential ministry that I could one day be invovled in. There have been elements of ministry that I have personally latched on to while on my internship. I am at the beginning stages of piecing together the elements and how they work in relationship with my talents and spiritual gifts. The future is becoming far more exciting and hopeful.

No comments: