Saturday, February 21, 2004

new title

Once upon a time quite awhile ago, my sweet brother convinced me to clip every long fingernail I wore in order to begin humble guitar lessons. Within a few hours, we were on the verge of strangling each other as I insisted "I can't!" and he insisted "You're not, but that doesn't mean you can't."...well, in his insistent way. Without hesitation, I put my efforts on hold knowing very well that Jeff and I should probably avoid such an encounter again. Jeff is a wonderful teacher - I was just a bad student. Now, some five years later, I have bit my lip, bounced my knees, and attempted to revive my spirit of acoustic learning. Once again, I wished farewell to several nails as innovation took place before my own eyes. I discovered an ability I did not know I possessed! I picked (no pun intended) up the chords quickly. Unfortunately, since my brain is geared towards hands on/visual learning, I cannot recall which chords I mastered...but I know what they sound like...and I know where my fingers are supposed to go. Time. I only need some time.

No comments: